[Rd] Rd2pdf error in R12.0

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Thu Feb 17 18:07:03 CET 2011

 On the local machine the command R11 CMD Rd2pdf survfit.Rd works fine.
   R12 CMD Rd2pdf survfit.Rd fails with the message below.

Converting Rd files to LaTeX ...
  survfit.Rd
Creating pdf output from LaTeX ...
Error in texi2dvi("Rd2.tex", pdf = (out_ext == "pdf"), quiet =
FALSE,  :
  Running 'texi2dvi' on 'Rd2.tex' failed.
Messages:
sh: texi2dvi: command not found
Output:

Error in running tools::texi2dvi

---------------
Here is the header when invoking the newer version:

R version 2.12.0 (2010-10-15)
Copyright (C) 2010 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (64-bit)

The R11 call is 2.11.0, same machine, same login session.

 I've looked in the manuals and didn't see anything specific about
version 12.  Our system administrator will want some hints about what to
do to fix this, ere I complain.  I discovered it running CMD check on a
package update.

Any pointers?

Terry Therneau