[Rd] terribly annoying bug with POSIXlt : one o'clock is midnight?

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 16:24:53 CET 2011

Been too fast : I am in Central European Time (GMT +1), which explains
the time conversion. Still, I find it highly annoying that as.POSIXlt
assumes that the time is given in GMT and has to be converted to
whatever timezone you're in if you don't specify anything.

Probably this behaviour is not going to be changed, but it's causing
very hard-to-track-down bugs nonetheless.

Cheers
Joris