[Rd] Using MathJax in R's help system

Gong-Yi Liao gong-yi.liao at uconn.edu
Thu Feb 3 05:33:56 CET 2011

Thank you for reply,

  I made some modification, the diff (against helpr 0.1.2.2)

  is attached.

  What I did are

  1. Install helpr by install.packages()

  2. Download the MathJax distribution and extract it under

   $R_HOME/library/public/_script

  3. Create a new html snippet file _mathjax_config.html in

  the $R_HOME/library/view directory and then make index.html,

  package.html, topic.html, source.html, and whistle.html

  include the line

  <%= helpr:::render_snippet("mathjax_config") %>

  4. modify \\deqn part of th parse-rd.R from

    "<code>... </code>" to "\\[ ... \\]"

    and similarly, for \\eqn part from

    "<code>... </code>" to "$ ... $".

  The screenshot is also attached.

  The rest question is, how to make R download the MathJax,

  while install helpr?

  Any comments are appreciated.

--
Gong-Yi Liao