[Rd] Cholesky update/downdate

Yves Deville deville.yves at alpestat.com
Fri Dec 30 11:47:33 CET 2011

Hi Douglas,

thanks for your answer.

My question indeed arises from a sparse matrix context: 'A' is sparse
symmetric, and 'C' must also be sparse since it would otherwise fill.

It comes from a Bayes regression with a very large number of parameters;
a loop over blocks will do the job in my specific case. Yet  I wondered
about this since similar need for "covariance updating" may arise from
linear filtering or kriging.

Douglas Bates wrote