[Rd] adding packages R 2.14.0

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Dec 23 14:38:13 CET 2011

On 22.12.2011 19:13, RogerP wrote:
> Well, I was able to build R 2.14.0 on my Solaris x86 machine, with a lot of
> work and some help. Thanks!
>
> At first the update.packages() would not work because some of the .so files
> that came with R were 32 - not 64 bit.

You compiled R yourself from sources. None of these .so files came with
R, so it looks like you still haven't got the installation right.

> I was able to install them and so
> now the update.packages() works. I still have a couple of issues:
>
> 1) a lot of packages are not available for R 2.14.0.

Hear, hear! I'm interested to see your list of packages that you believe
are not available for R-2.14.0 but for other versions. Or in other
words: That is not true.

For the specific case of x86 Solaris:
According to the CRAN check summary for that platform "a lot" means that
just 126 out of 3210 give ERRORs and few others may be on a stoplist.

> 2) When compiling I occasionally get compilation errors  - for example:
>
> "../inst/include/Rcpp/stats/random/rhyper.h", line 31: Warning
> (Anachronism): Formal argument gen of type double(*)(double,double,double)
> in call to Rcpp::Vector<14>::Vector<double, double, double>(const int&,
> double(*)(double,double,double), const double&, const double&, const
> double&) is being passed extern "C" double(*)(double,double,double).

Indeed, Rcpp's latest release has some problem on Solaris, see:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_Rcpp.html
Please talk to the package maintainer in such a case.

?

> How do I report/fix the compiling errors?

Please talk to the package maintainer in such a case.

Best,
Uwe Ligges