[Rd] Saving nothing with save()

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Dec 22 10:29:29 CET 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Martin Maechler
<maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch> wrote:

> I've now changed the patch to only warn and only in the case
> when the 'list' argument is missing(.).
>
> Martin

 Thanks Martin, that sounds great.

 This came about from a question on Stack Overflow, where a user was
there were no warnings. I suspected maybe there really was nothing in
it, and discovered an easy way to create empty R Data files without
really trying.

 Turns out her file was over 400k bytes long and once she reinstalled
R [yikes] it loaded... What was the real problem? Well we never found
out!

Barry