[Rd] secure password token management method in R

Paul Gilbert pgilbert902 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 02:28:20 CET 2011

One way this is often done is to have this information in a file that
only the owner can read. For example, mysql uses a file .my.cnf (in
Windows it may have a different name). The code then just reads the
information from the file. To guard against user carelessness, I think
mysql will not use it if anyone other than the user has read permission
on the file. Of the various options for passing user/password
information, I think this is general considered one of the better ways.

Paul