[Rd] problems with iconv

RogerP rpickeri at mail.nih.gov
Thu Dec 15 14:56:31 CET 2011

> I put the header in the <R home>/include.  Was that right?

>Probably not. I would expect something like /usr/local/include, and maybe a
-I option to make sure it was >found before the Solaris-supplied one. Does
make install (for iconv) not do that for you?

Wow!  Thanks!  That was it!  I checked out /usr/local/include and the header
was there, but I'd uncommented a line in the config.site that caused it NOT
to look at /usr/local/include.  Re-commenting the line fixed that problem.

But now, Rsched will not compile from the rhome, though it does from the
rhome/src/unix directory.  So, it's like an onion.  You take a layer off and
cry - then repeat.  But, I'll make it.

Thanks again for your help!

Roger