[Rd] problems with iconv

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 13 20:29:18 CET 2011

On 13/12/2011 17:12, RogerP wrote:
> I'm at wit's ends here and need some help.

Like reading the manual?

You need to ensure that GNU libiconv is actually used: you are obviously
not finding it, and I suspect your error is in not setting the path to
its header file.

There are explicit instructions for libiconv on Solaris in the manual
which the INSTALL file asked you to read before trying to install R and
to resolve any problems.