[Rd] How to safely using OpenMP pragma inside a .C() function?

pawelm pawel.matykiewicz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 22:06:03 CEST 2011

Simon,

This is very useful example and explanation. Thank you very, very much. The
icing on the cake would be some guidelines how to set up the number of
threads. R source code uses global variable R_num_math_threads. Can we use
that? Or each openmp-enabled R package would have it's own mechanism?

Related question: I was trying to find out if R_num_math_threads could be
set up by a user and I found this line in the ./src/main/names.c file:

{"setNumMathThreads", do_setnumthreads, 0, 11, 1, {PP_FUNCALL, PREC_FN, 0}}

It suppose to be a function name but all I get in R command line is:

Error: could not find function "setNumMathThreads"

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Regards