[Rd] sysdata.rda, namespaces and package dependencies

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:59:44 CEST 2011

On 30/08/2011 11:27 AM, Hadley Wickham wrote:
> >  Your package is doing something weird, so I think it's you:  you are loading
> >  the munsell.map file via "load.r" in the top level of the package.  That's
> >  not a standard thing to do, and it's not being executed in the first case.
> >
> >  Put that load statement into one of the files in the R directory and things
> >  should be fine.
>
> I think that's a red-herring - load.r is for development and is never
> run during usual package installation.  Or are you saying I need to
> explicit load data stored in sysdata.rda within the package?

Sorry, I didn't realize you weren't executing that file.  (Should it be
included in the tar?  That's a different issue...)

Lazy data is stored in a separate file that is loaded when
library(munsell) is called.  It appears it isn't being loaded when you
only use munsell::mnsl to load it but not attach it.  Certainly loading
it from one of your .R files would work; I'm not sure if it is
intentional that this is necessary or not.  Perhaps someone else will
comment?

Duncan Murdoch