[Rd] Interrupting C++ code execution

Sean Robert McGuffee sean.mcguffee at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 23:06:02 CEST 2011

Hi,
I've been thinking about how to handle c++ threads that were started via
Rcpp calls to some of my c++ libraries from R. My main obstacle is trying to
make sure that users don't try to process files that are being generated by
a thread before the thread finishes. One thing I am considering is having my
threaded code return a class to R that contains a pointer that it remembers.
Then maybe I could just change the value at that pointer when my thread
finishes. Does that seem like a reasonable approach? I'm not completely sure
if this is related to your issue or not, but it might be similar enough to
be worth asking...
Thanks,
Sean