[Rd] useDynLib in older versions e.g. (2.10)

Tobias Abenius tobias.abenius at chalmers.se
Wed Apr 20 13:30:42 CEST 2011

Hi,

Has something changed regarding the useDynLib in the NAMESPACE file in
packages? I've written a package that works in e.g. 2.12/2.13 but simply
cannot find the dynamic library under windows. The version on CRAN is
older than the one I'm talking about and depends on a newer version of R
but I want to make the package available to people with older versions.

 > utils:::menuInstallLocal()
package 'lassoshooting' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
 > require(lassoshooting)
Error in library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib) :
   shared library 'lassoshooting' not found
In addition: Warning message:
package 'lassoshooting' was built under R version 2.13.0

I'm usually under linux and don't know about the gory details of .dll files.

NAMESPACE file
--------------
useDynLib(lassoshooting)
export(lassoshooting)

happy easter!

regards, Tobias
--
Tobias Abenius
Ph.D. Student, M.Sc. in Computer Science

Mathematical Statistics
Mathematical Sciences
University of Gothenburg