[Rd] DESCRIPTION file and Rd examples

Thomas Lumley tlumley at uw.edu
Mon Apr 18 06:55:11 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Dario Strbenac
<D.Strbenac at garvan.org.au> wrote:
> It turns out what I needed was IRanges in the Imports: field. I assumed that require(GenomicRanges) at the top of my function would, as a result of loading GenomicRanges, implicitly already know about all the IRanges classes, because GenomicRanges itself depends on them.

If GenomicRanges just imports IRanges (rather than using
library()/require()) then the IRanges functions won't be exported to
your package.  This is a Good Thing -- you only get the function
redefinitions you ask for, rather than everything in the dependency
tree.

    -thomas

--
Thomas Lumley