[Rd] deparse operators in expressions

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Sun Apr 10 03:43:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

I observed a slight problem in deparse(): it will add spaces around
most operators except /. I wonder if this is easy to fix. I know this
is quite trivial, but I will appreciate if / is not treated as an
exception. Examples:

> deparse(expression(1/1))
[1] "expression(1/1)"
> deparse(expression(1+1))
[1] "expression(1 + 1)"
> deparse(expression(1%in%1))
[1] "expression(1 %in% 1)"

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.12.2 (2011-02-25)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.utf8       LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=en_US.utf8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.utf8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=C             LC_MESSAGES=en_US.utf8
 [7] LC_PAPER=en_US.utf8       LC_NAME=C
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=C              LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.utf8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

Regards,
Yihui
--