[Rd] Very slow plot rendering with X11 on CentOS 5.5

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 29 00:53:18 CEST 2010

For whatever it is worth, a long time ago I had this problem when "ssh
-X" connecting to a server and doing simple plots such as plot(1:10).
It was painfully slow and I could see how each data points was
plotted.  After using X11.options(type="Xlib") in R things was back to
normal (fast) again.  I think the default before was
X11.options(type="cairo").

My $0.02

/Henrik