[Rd] OT: Reason/history behind ## notation for comments?

Laurent Gatto laurent.gatto at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 09:33:20 CEST 2010

For what concerns emacs users, the number of '#' has different effects
on the position of the comment. From the ESS manual: 'By default,
comments beginning with ‘###’ are aligned to the beginning of the
line. Comments beginning with ‘##’ are aligned to the current level of
indentation for the block containing the comment. Finally, comments
beginning with ‘#’ are aligned to a column on the right...'. I guess
that ## is the most wanted indentation for comments.

Best wishes,

Laurent