[Rd] Matrix install fails because of defunct save in require

Thomas Petzoldt Thomas.Petzoldt at tu-dresden.de
Fri Sep 17 19:59:43 CEST 2010

On 17.09.2010 19:22, Uwe Ligges wrote:

> On 17.09.2010 16:04, Thomas Petzoldt wrote:
>> Dear R-Devel,
>>
>> I've just tried to compile the fresh R-devel and found that the install
>> of package Matrix failed:

>> ** help
>> *** installing help indices
>> ** building package indices ...
>> Error in require(Matrix, save = FALSE) :
>> unused argument(s) (save = FALSE)
>> ERROR: installing package indices failed
>

> Have you got the Matrix package from the appropriate 2.12/recommended
> repository or installed via
>
> make rsync-recommended
> make recommended
>

> In that case it works for me.
>
> Uwe

Yes, I did it this way, but did you use svn version before 52932 or a
version equal or newer than 52940?

The svn log shows that in the meantime Brian Ripley added a workaround:

Revision: 52940
Author: ripley
Date: 19:31:48, Freitag, 17. September 2010
Message:
keep dummy require(save=FALSE) for now
----
Modified : /trunk/doc/NEWS.Rd
Modified : /trunk/src/library/base/R/library.R
Modified : /trunk/src/library/base/man/library.Rd

Is solved for now.

Thanks, Thomas P.