[Rd] Matrix install fails because of defunct save in require

Berwin A Turlach berwin at maths.uwa.edu.au
Fri Sep 17 19:54:40 CEST 2010

G'day Uwe,

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 19:22:04 +0200
Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

> On 17.09.2010 16:04, Thomas Petzoldt wrote:
> > Dear R-Devel,
> >
> > I've just tried to compile the fresh R-devel and found that the
> > install of package Matrix failed:

> > ** help
> > *** installing help indices
> > ** building package indices ...
> > Error in require(Matrix, save = FALSE) :
> > unused argument(s) (save = FALSE)
> > ERROR: installing package indices failed
>

> Have you got the Matrix package from the appropriate 2.12/recommended
> repository or installed via
>
> make rsync-recommended
> make recommended

Are those the commands that should now be used?  My script is
essentially doing:

	svn up
	tools/rsync-recommended
	make
	make check FORCE=FORCE

Running the script now, I experience the same problem as Thomas.  But I
note that Thomas did not state exactly what he is compiling.  My 'svn
up' updates the version checked out from:
	https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk
which I think of as R-devel.
Now after the svn up the file VERSION in the source directory says:
	2.13.0 Under development (unstable)
The SVN-REVISION file in my build directory says:
	Revision: 52938
	Last Changed Date: 2010-09-17
And I have Matrix_0.999375-44.tar.gz in src/library/Recommended of my
source directory.

As you refer to 2.12/recommended, you and Thomas might talk about
different versions when talking about R-devel.

Cheers,

	Berwin