[Rd] More strange R CMD build/check errors on Windows

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Sep 14 13:49:18 CEST 2010

On 12.09.2010 12:10, Hervé Pagès wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> On 09/12/2010 01:51 AM, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
>> On 09/12/2010 08:10 AM, Hervé Pagès wrote:
>>>
>>> AFAICT those problems were never seen before (i.e. with R< 2.12).
>>> They show up randomly everyday for a small number of packages
>>> (between 10 and 20 out of 400). The set of victims changes everyday
>>> and any package seems to be a potential victim (I've not been able
>>> to observe any obvious pattern so far).
>>> Does anyone have any idea what could make 'R CMD build' and
>>> 'R CMD check' so confused/unreliable on Windows?

Brian had some ideas that the problems are related to the shell that is
used. Is the problem still apparent in a very recent R-devel from few
days ago? I am just back from vacations and have not updated yet.
I experienced the same problems and I am just iterating automatically if
typical problems are apparent from the log files. I hope some if not all
parts are solved now and will do some new test runs shortly.

Best,
Uwe

>>> Thanks,