[Rd] R 2.12.0 problems with Windows XP 32-bit binary installer

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 18 08:19:39 CEST 2010

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010, Hodgess, Erin wrote:

> I found the Rgui.exe under directory R\R-2.12.0\bin\i386.

Please read the CHANGES file: this is the first item for 2.12.0.

I don't believe it is related to Bill's problem.  The latter looks
like a package installed for R < 2.12.0 (also covered in the first
item of CHANGES), but without the exact message we cannot be sure.

(For the record, Mac OS X has 'fat' binaries, but R does not use them
for compiled code in packages - it used subdirectories just as on
Windows.)