[Rd] Including data in packages

Janko Thyson janko.thyson at ku-eichstaett.de
Thu Oct 14 21:27:39 CEST 2010

Hi Dirk,

thanks for the quick reply. So all datasets, regardless if they should be
hidden from the user, should go into /data? If that's the convention, that's
fine with me. But the problem is that there is no data-directory in
R_HOME/library/2-11.1/mypackage after running R CMD build and R CMD INSTALL.
I've experimented with the options --binary and --use-zip-data but without
luck.

I think I don't understand the "optional directory" procedure in general
yet: don't I just need to dump stuff in /data, /inst/doc, /exec etc. and
have them "transferred" (sorry, I don't know a better word) to the tar.gz
and eventually to the installed package?

Regards,
Janko