[Rd] Query about .check_packages_used_in_examples

Berwin A Turlach berwin at maths.uwa.edu.au
Mon Oct 11 00:26:03 CEST 2010

G'day all,

sorry, should proof-read better before hitting the send button...

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 06:06:46 +0800
Berwin A Turlach <berwin at maths.uwa.edu.au> wrote:

> But then I noticed that for another package I have on R-forge a
> similar note is issued:
> https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=630&log=check_x86_64_linux&pkg=DeconWK&flavor=devel
> O.k., R-forge is using R-devel, so I installed R 2.12.0 RC (2010-10-10
> r53273) on my machine to check, same note is issued.
>
> The note issued by R CMD check says:
> 	* checking for unstated dependencies in examples ... NOTE
> 	'library' or 'require' call not declared from: ks
> which is a bit surprising.
>
> There are three .Rd files that have a library(ks) in them and ks is
> listed in the Imports: of the description file.
>
> This seems to be completely in line with the documentation in "Writing
> R extensions":
>
> 	@item
> 	Packages whose name space only is needed to load the package
> 	using @code{library(@var{pkgname})} must be listed in the
> 	@samp{Imports} field and not in the @samp{Depends} field.
>
> that's why ks is listed in depends

ks is listed in the Imports: line in the DESCRIPTION file of the package
in question, not in the Depends: line.

> 	@item
> 	All packages that are needed to successfully run @code{R CMD
> 	check} on the package must be listed in one of @samp{Depends}
> 	or @samp{Suggests} or @samp{Imports}. [...]
>
> which seems to be adhered to, since ks is in the depends.

Again, this depends should read Imports.

Sorry if this created confusion.

Cheers,

	Berwin