[Rd] Encoding problem in Rd file

Renaud Lancelot renaud.lancelot at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 18:23:12 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I have a problem with an Rd file containing French accentuated
characters. I have uploaded the file at
http://filex.cirad.fr/get?k=cjW7lImMaNC6Ci2vX0H

I have declared
Encoding: latin1
in the package DESCRIPTION file

and I have added
\encoding{latin1}
in the header of the Rd file.

When I compile the package manual, I have LaTeX errors:

! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:ÃF not set up for use with LaTeX.

See the inputenc package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.579 ...ain. Aspects méthodologiques.} Rev. à F
                                                  augère, O., Dockès, A.-C...

Your command was ignored.
Type  I <command> <return>  to replace it with another command,
or  <return>  to continue without it.

! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:ÃF not set up for use with LaTeX.

See the inputenc package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.581 Ã  F
          augère, O., Tillard, E., Faugère, B., 1992. \emph{Prophylaxie ch...

Your command was ignored.
Type  I <command> <return>  to replace it with another command,
or  <return>  to continue without it.

! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:Ã\end not set up for use with LaTeX.

See the inputenc package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.587 \end