[Rd] Compiling R 2.12.0 from source: error (temp dir)

Janko Thyson janko.thyson at ku-eichstaett.de
Thu Nov 18 18:40:21 CET 2010

Puh, here’s where I’m at right now:
-	I reinstalled Rtools (2.12) to C:\Rtools (full installation) left
the default for R Root dir = C:\R and R 64 root dir = C:\R64,
-	I noticed that there’s a Tcl directory in C:\R now -> is that what I
need regarding my previous Tcl/Tk issue down the building process? Or do I
still need to install Tcl in any way?
-	I checked my Windows PATH if it exactly reflects the recommendations
in the admin manual,
-	I set a windows environment variable TMPDIR=C:/temp

And now I’m back to my old error regarding the temp dir because it’s somehow
still set to /tmp.

cannot create /tmp/R4156: directory nonexistent
mv: cannot stat `/tmp/R4156': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [mkR] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [R] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2