[Rd] S4 dispatch for .DollarNames (utils)

John Chambers jmc at r-project.org
Sun May 30 18:12:37 CEST 2010

Claudia,

Your S3 methods will be selected for objects from "hyperSpec", but not
for S4 classes that inherit from that class (that have
contains="hyperSpec" in their definition).

The S3 method dispatch has been fixed to recognize S4 classes that
inherit from an S3 class, "foo3" in my example.

The plan is to fix that for the next release, and have S3 dispatch
behave for all S4 objects, not just those that inherit from an S3
class.  Meanwhile, the dummy class is needed.