[Rd] SVN vs DVCS

Peter Dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Thu May 27 00:38:38 CEST 2010

Antonio, Fabio Di Narzo wrote:

> Beside, people working simultaneously on the same files and needing
> svn to tell them of that? And that happening often? I would hope on
> better human interaction and work division, rather than svn conflicts
> checks. But...
>> [Note: again, this is rather about personal preferences I suspect]
> indeed.

It actually happens quite often. Sometimes because two people in, say,
Canada and Oxford fix the same bug report (usually in nearly the same
way), but more typically because ALL our changes are recorded in the
same NEWS file.

Besides, SVN conflict are almost always trivial to resolve: Either a
matter of selecting one of two changes or keeping both.

--
Peter Dalgaard
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com