[Rd] R 2.10 and help

Jamie Love drjlove at gmail.com
Wed May 26 22:51:25 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I've been developing a little project for the past few months on R2.9.
The project utilises RServe to access R over at tcp/ip connection.

One feature of the project is to take R-Help and display it to the
user through my own UI. In 2.9 this worked well as all the html help
was pre-generated - I could ask R to find the help (e.g. help(plot)
would return the rd file), and then I could look up the .html file
from that.

In R 2.10 things changed dramatically for help, and now html help is
generated when requested from the rd files.

I've tried various ways to access the help as HTML since then, but
I've had no luck. I was wondering if anyone would be able to suggest
an approach where I could run 'help(plot)', and then take the
resulting .rd file and generate the necessary html help from it.

Thanks,

--
Jamie Love