[Rd] R 2.11.0 on RHEL5

Chuck White chuckwhite8 at charter.net
Wed May 5 16:54:22 CEST 2010

Thanks again for your note.  I am now compiling using:

--with-readline=yes --enable-R-shlib=yes --with-x=yes --with-blas="-llibptf77blas -lpthread -llibatlas" --prefix=/usr/local/R-2.11.0

The above configuration is creating libRlapack.so as well. Do you specify --with-lapack as well? If so, what do you set that to? Section A.3.2 states -- "Please do bear in mind that using --with-lapack is `definitely not recommended': it is provided only because it is necessary on some platforms."

Thanks.