[Rd] Package development process?

Patrick Burns pburns at pburns.seanet.com
Thu Jun 17 11:22:57 CEST 2010

I agree with Hadley, and add that trying
to have an example be both an example and
a test may not be good for the example
aspect either.

Examples should make people who are ignorant
of the function twig as to how the function
works.  Creating good examples is hard.

Problems that really test the software are
unlikely to serve as a good example.  Good
examples are unlikely to seriously test the
code.  (But you do want the examples to run,
it is seriously bad advertising when they
don't.)

Pat

--
Patrick Burns
pburns at pburns.seanet.com
http://www.burns-stat.com
(home of 'Some hints for the R beginner'
and 'The R Inferno')