[Rd] Package development process?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Wed Jun 16 16:41:27 CEST 2010

Hi, Hadley:

       What about the encouragement to add unit tests, if only disguised
as examples?

       I've found the unit tests to be a powerful tool to help improve
and maintain the quality of packages to which I contribute.  To this
end, Sundar and I added a column "Autochecks" to the table of "Selected
Repositories" in the Wikipedia article on "Software repository"
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_repository), and we describe it
briefly in the text introducing that table.  I may expand that
discussion based on the reply from you and others, then try to contact
leaders for the different languages / repositories, asking them to
improve this discussion -- or send me comments to incorporate.

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer

--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD