[Rd] [R] Prime Numbers Pkgs - Schoolmath is broken

Peter Dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 13:54:43 CEST 2010

Gavin Simpson wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 07:16 -0700, Red Roo wrote:
>> primes() and primlist are broken in Schoolmath pkg on CRAN.
>> My analysis can be found here http://j.mp/9BNI9q
>> Not sure what the procedure is for getting things fixed, so I've
>> cross-posted to r-dev as well.
>
> Neither place is correct. This has *nothing* to do with R. Address bug
> reports directly to the package maintainer, details of which can be
> found here:
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/schoolmath/index.html
>
> which is what is requested in the posting guide...

Hmm, well... yes, but:

It could be argued that we are a little too closed to discussing items
outside of base R. There is something to be said for allowing people to
point out to us that we do have a package on CRAN that claims that 133
is a prime! Of course it might be considered more polite first to tell
the package maintainder that he has egg on his face...

-pd

--
Peter Dalgaard
Phone: (+45)38153501