[Rd] Stop packages and datasets to be loaded on startup.

Guillaume Yziquel guillaume.yziquel at citycable.ch
Sat Jan 30 17:08:21 CET 2010

Hi.

I would like to know how to start an embedded R session, and avoid
datasets and the standard library packages to be loaded on startup.

I've been looking at littler's code (so this is partly a question to
Dirk Eddelbuettel...):

>         /* We don't require() default packages upon startup; rather, we
>          * set up delayedAssign's instead. see autoloads().
>          */
>         if (setenv("R_DEFAULT_PACKAGES","NULL",1) != 0){
>                 perror("ERROR: couldn't set/replace R_DEFAULT_PACKAGES");
>                 exit(1);
>         }

The code above happens before Rf_initEmbeddedR in littler.

So I gather that just setting R_DEFAULT_PACKAGES to NULL should be OK.
But then, what is the rather complicated stuff in the autoload()
function in littler.c for?

And concerning datasets, how do you avoid loading them?

All the best,

--
      Guillaume Yziquel
http://yziquel.homelinux.org/