[Rd] Problem with R math library.

Guillaume Yziquel guillaume.yziquel at citycable.ch
Thu Jan 28 12:38:29 CET 2010

Hello.

I've been working on my OCaml-R binding, and I quite pleased to see that
it is functional, though far from being perfect or polished. You can
find the gitweb webpage and the interface documentation at

	http://yziquel.homelinux.org/gitweb/?p=ocaml-r.git;a=tree
	http://yziquel.homelinux.org/topos/api/ocaml-r/index.html

I'm having unexpected trouble with the math library, though. The
interface documentation is here:

	http://yziquel.homelinux.org/topos/api/ocaml-r/Rmath.html

For instance, for the norm_rand symbol, I have the following
documentation comment:

> val norm_rand : unit -> float
> Random variates from the standard normal distribution. Bug: currently systematically returns -8.77332116900134373.

Any idea as to why the function systematically returns the same value?
Is there a way the math library should be initialised?

All the best,

--
      Guillaume Yziquel
http://yziquel.homelinux.org/