[Rd] packages built against upcoming releases

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sun Jan 17 18:23:09 CET 2010

On 17.01.2010 18:16, Jan Theodore Galkowski wrote:
> It is true RHmm is *not* available in the public central repositories.

It is at the usual location at
CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/2.10/RHmm_1.3.1.zip

> I think it's in Bioconductor.

No on CRAN, and that's why I said CRAN. If it was BioConductor, this was
the wrong mailing list anyway. Since I am the Windows binary maintainer
for CRAN, I happen to know we have that package available and the line I
reported is the build line of that package.

> That said, the "installation process" was
> the usual one from the GUI drop down, after electing repositories.  What
> that does behind the scenes is something I do not know, but I don't see
> how I could know.
 >
> Just letting somebody know.  If you don't want to use the information,
> that's cool with me.

But then please tell us
a) What is your version of R?
b) Which mirror did you choose?
c) You installed by clicking from the Windows GUI?
d) Again, what is a "disconnect"?

Hard to say and debug if you do not tell us what you did and which error
message you got. Please see the posting guide.

Uwe Ligges