[Rd] chooseCRANmirror() (PR#14179)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 7 14:35:43 CET 2010

Hmm, have you read getCRANmirrors?  It works gracefully if the
connection is down, and has been tested quite a lot ....

It seems you got a corrupt read from the URL: that's not reproducible
and the place to deal with that is getCRANmirrors.

Please do use an informative subject line: it makes things *much*
easier to find in archives.