[Rd] dots for sample

Claudia Beleites cbeleites at units.it
Sun Feb 28 19:31:42 CET 2010

Dear R-Developers,

could 'sample' gain a ... argument?

As a convenience function, I added a sample Method to my hyperSpec
class. This function however has a flag indicating whether the results
should be returned directly as a hyperSpec object or rather as indices
that give a random sample.

For the moment, I use SetGeneric to add the dots argument, but this of
course gives a warning that the base function sample is overwritten (and
my colleagues are almost as scared of warnings as of errors...)

Thanks,

Claudia

--
Claudia Beleites
Dipartimento dei Materiali e delle Risorse Naturali

email: cbeleites at units.it
phone: +39 (0 40) 5 58-34 68