[Rd] [SoC] R and Google Summer of Code 2010: Call for Proposals -

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Feb 27 18:35:41 CET 2010

On 27 February 2010 at 18:20, Claudia Beleites wrote:
| May I ask for a bit of help?
|
| I'd like to participate with my hyperSpec project. I set up a proposal page in
| the wiki
| [http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=developers:projects:gsoc2010:hyperspec].
|
| hyperSpec is about handling spectroscopic (hyperspectral) data in R. It is thus
| a project that is aimed at a rather specific group of R users - far less broad
| audience than the other projects listed there.
|
| Is it OK if I have that project in that GSoC 2010 list?

Of course! You had not linked to it from the overview page at

   http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=developers:projects:gsoc2010

which I just corrected. The proposal looks great -- if R gets once again
accepted there will be a discussion and voting period for all of us to find
the proposals with the most merit given our allocation.

| I'd really appreciate comments!

Well as Rcpp (co-)maintainer, I would of course suggest that you use Rcpp to
interface the C++ libraries :)

Dirk

--
  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!