[Rd] proto and baseenv()

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 19:37:59 CET 2010

> Hey, Hadley; I remember your prototype stuff from DSC 2009. I saw some
> slides of yours that discussed proto, and was wondering whether mutatr
> was still maintained.

Yes, it's maintained, and I've even written a package that uses it
(testthat - both it and mutatr are available on cran).  It's still
mainly an experiment, and I don't currently have any plans to give up
using proto.  However, my entirely personal perspective is that my
code seems to be cleaner when I use mutatr instead of proto (this
probably reflects that I wrote the package though!).

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/