[Rd] R logo as SVG ?

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Feb 21 14:48:24 CET 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Jens Elkner <jel+r at cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:

> Yes and scaling would be too resource consuming as well (very bad for
> menus, etc.). I think, the most challenging part here is all the
> [different type of] shadows. So does anybody know, who made  the
> original pixel based image? If not raytraced and steps for reproduction
> are available (e.g. gimp/psp layers), it should be possible to produce a
> less resource consuming but pretty close svg (at least at the given size

A while ago I played around with creating a new R logo using vector
graphics. I took the current logo as a starting point. Here's some
samples on different coloured backgrounds:

http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~rowlings/Graphics/Logo/R/logos.svg

I figured maybe for R 3.0 it would be cool to have an R made from a 1
and a 2....

Barry

--
blog: http://geospaced.blogspot.com/