[Rd] R logo as SVG ?

G. Jay Kerns gkerns at ysu.edu
Sat Feb 20 19:33:50 CET 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Peter Dalgaard
> Jens Elkner wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> does anybody have the R logo in a vector format preferable SVG?
>> Need it for Freedesktop (GNOME desktop) integration of Rcmdr ...
>>
>> Thanx,
>> jel.
>
> Not really. I played around with the tracer in inkscape at some point, but
> it didn't come out quite satisfactory. It's a bit of a time sink unless you
> happen to know inkscape (or similar) rather well, but if someone is willing
> to put in the effort, I'm sure the results would be more than welcome on
> CRAN.

As it happens, I made one with Inkscape a couple of months ago.  If
memory serves, I did 50 scans of the .png.

http://people.ysu.edu/~gkerns/R-logo.svg

Hope it is useful to you.
Jay

G. Jay Kerns, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
Youngstown State University
Youngstown, OH 44555-0002 USA
Office: 1035 Cushwa Hall
Phone: (330) 941-3310 Office (voice mail)
-3302 Department
-3170 FAX
VoIP: gjkerns at ekiga.net
E-mail: gkerns at ysu.edu