[Rd] Sweave in PNG: driver online

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Feb 18 12:30:38 CET 2010

Dear R addicts,

Back in 2006, I posted the proposition for a tweak of the Sweave driver so that PNG figures can be produced instead of eps/pdf :
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2006-March/102122.html

The amount of code modified is tiny (it was designed to induce minimal changes to the official code), but so far the driver seems to have been useful to a number of users. From 2006 on, successive versions of the code were supposed to incorporate the official driver. My current understanding is that this tweak won't incorporate the official release, although an alternative approach is still supposed to take place eventually.

Meanwhile, a fairly recent update of the alternative driver can be found online from my website:
http://sites.google.com/site/thibautjombart/r-packages

A vignette describes briefly the new features and how the driver can be used.

Best regards,

Thibaut.

--
Dr Thibaut JOMBART