[Rd] SurviveGotoBLAS2 for Win64 (human sacrifice release)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 5 09:04:17 CET 2010

Ei-ji,

Thank you for looking into this.  I had also noticed that GotoBLAS2
now has a compatible licence and started looking into using it on
Windows.  However, like most BLAS this is tied to a particular chip
(you don't say what you used: my machine is identified as penryn) and
I am undecided if it is worth provided a range of pre-compiled
GotoBLAS2 Rblas.dll (or how wide the range would need to be to be
useful).  Maybe just "core2" would be useful: maybe penryn,
dunnington, nehalem and atom are needed.  (A quick look suggests
dunnington is not used, and nehalem is only used on x86_64.)

So I'd identified this as something which would need quite a bit of
thought, maybe something to be done for R 2.13.0.

Brian