[Rd] GPL and R Community Policies (Rcpp)

Adrian Dragulescu adrian_d at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 2 05:29:04 CET 2010

Dominick,

I don't use the Rcpp package but I have been aware of the changes made to
the package over the years.

I don't see what you are after.  I don't consider the mention about
your contribution in the authors section disparaging in ANY way.  It seems
reasonable that as the code base grows, your initial contribution to have
a smaller and smaller share.  That's all it says.  If you would start
contributing again to the package development, I'm sure that line can be
changed.  Romain has gone from 0% to a sizeable share in a quick period
with some great contributions.  Other authors seem to find a way to
contribute to the project too.

If it's peer recognition you're after, everybody on this list is already
aware that you're the original developer of the package.  I personally
still have a good memory so I don't need another reminder email on this
topic.

I'm sure there are other projects that you can work on, alone or with
collaborators, that would benefit the R community.

Cheers,
Adrian