[Rd] Trying to configure R to use acml_mp

szembek swz1316 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 15:43:08 CEST 2010

Hi, I'm following up to a post I made to r-help here:
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Trouble-configuring-R-to-use-ACML-tt2337193.html#a2337193

I have verified that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set... I set it in /etc/bash.bashrc
(is that ok?) and it shows up when I echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH I also tried
adding the paths to the ld.so cache as Prof Ripley had suggested. I get the
same results when running configure.

So after that I decided to try and replace libRblas.so with a link to
libacml_mp.so. I ran a regular configure command followed by a make, then
added the link.  I now have this in my R lib folder...
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root       46 2010-08-25 09:20 libRblas.so ->
/opt/acml4.4.0/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so*

Is there any way I can verify that it is using this libacml_mp library now?
I ran a test script and R still only shows 100% cpu use, as if it's not
using multiple processors/cores. Is there a specific sample script I could
run that should use more than 100% so I can verify whether this is working
or not? Or maybe a command that will tell me which BLAS R is using? Thanks
in advance.