[Rd] perl.exe has stopped working: Fixed.

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Thu Aug 19 20:24:55 CEST 2010

        To complete this thread for anyone encountering a similar
problem, the fix I said I'd try (below) worked.  Specifically, I
installed the latest Strawberry Perl, modified the path so the first
reference points to the new Perl, and R CMD build, check, INSTALL, and
"INSTALL -build" all seemed to work properly.  Of course, there is
always a chance of some deeply hidden problem, but the obvious first
tests seemed to function exactly as I have come to expect.

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer Graves