[Rd] C or Java code generation

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Aug 19 15:39:45 CEST 2010

On 19 August 2010 at 13:02, Daniel Cegiełka wrote:
| Is there any posibility to use R without installing?
|
| > I mean that I have my own application written in MS Visual C++ and I need
| > to use R script in this app. I can install R and use it via DCOM, but it's
| > not convenient for  the end users of my  program.
| >

| Dirk Eddelbuettel love R/C++ combination. Rinside could be usefull for you.
|
| http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code.html

Thanks for the plug. We can definitely embed R inside C++ on operating
systems containing an x somewhere in their name. But note that the RInside
page (http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rinside.html) clearly states the
following:

   Status

   Version 0.2.3 should build and install on just about any Linux and OS X
   system, and even on Windows machines that have the Rtools compiled by
   Duncan Murdoch as detailed in the The Windows Toolset appendix to the R
   Installation manual. Do not report an error if you fail to build this with
   another compiler as this is not supported. (However, the examples which
   built and run under 0.2.1 currently build but segfault. This is probably
   fixable but we just haven't had the time or focus to do it. Linux and OS X
   work well enough for us.)

so for someone hell-bent on using MS Visual Whatever this is not a solution.

Dirk