[Rd] Most recent R manuals [Was: Likely disruption to R-devel builds on Windows]

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 16:59:30 CEST 2010

> My script is very NEWS specific.  The manuals would be harder.  You could
> get the diffs from svn pretty easily, but displaying them would be trickier:
>  do you display the diffs in the .texi source, or convert to HTML and
> display the diffs there, or what?  How much context around them?  Not
> impossible, but not trivial.

I suspect the best combination of ease and quality of output would be
to output the texi to plain text, and then diff that.   I really like
the existing RNEWS format, but I guess you split the news into
individual entries and only display those with any changes.  It would
be a bit harder to do with general output, although maybe splitting
into paragraphs would be sufficient.

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/