[Rd] Deferred Default Marker

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Fri Apr 23 17:20:39 CEST 2010

I've finally narrowed down a puzzling problem: here is the short test
case.

tmt34% R --vanilla

R version 2.10.0 (2009-10-26)
Copyright (C) 2009 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

> temp <- matrix(runif(50), ncol=2)
> t(temp) %*% temp
         [,1]     [,2]
[1,] 7.916016 6.049698
[2,] 6.049698 7.650694

> library(kinship)
> t(temp) %*% temp
`__Deferred_Default_Marker__`

Within the library is a definition of %*% for bdsmatrix objects, which
is perhaps the issue.  But I'm only guessing since I don't have a clear
idea what the error message means.  Any hints are appreciated.

The new coxme/bsdmatrix packages need only a couple more functions to be
a complete replacement for kinship, at which point we will depreciate
it. (Pedigrees and plotting were finished last weekend!)  But I can't
quite do that yet. The error does not arise with these newer libraries.
There have been no changes to kinship for some time.

  Terry Therneau

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.10.0 (2009-10-26)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=C
 [5] LC_MONETARY=C              LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
 [7] LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:
[1] splines   stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets
methods
[8] base
other attached packages:
[1] kinship_1.1.0-11 lattice_0.17-26  nlme_3.1-96      survival_2.35-9

[1] grid_2.10.0