[Rd] .Fortran interface error

jgarcia at ija.csic.es jgarcia at ija.csic.es
Tue Apr 13 15:27:45 CEST 2010

Hi,
I've stripped all the code, and it seems that any simple attempt to
open/close a file from fortran is the cause of the error, and the error
appears in f77 as well as in f95 code. Please, find attached a foo package
that reproduce the errors, it should build/check/install without any
problem (it does in my computer). If the code

 OPEN( UNIT=5, FILE=runfile, STATUS='OLD', ACTION='READ', &
       IOSTAT=status)
 WRITE (*,*) 'status:   ', status
 IF ( status == 0 ) THEN
   READ(5,'(A)') modelsel
   READ(5,'(A)') modelfile
   READ(5,'(A)') datdirpid
   CLOSE(5)

   WRITE (*,*) 'selected model:   ', modelsel
   WRITE (*,*) 'model input file: ', modelfile
   WRITE (*,*) 'datdirpid: ', datdirpid
 ELSE
   WRITE (*,1002) status
    1002 FORMAT (1X,'open runfile failed--status = ', I6)
   STOP
 END IF

is commented out in any of the two sources files (the f77 or the f95 one),
none of the two corresponding wrappers (as they appear in the examples)
give an error. Thus it seems clear that the operation causing it is the
OPEN/CLOSE. Without commenting out these pieces of code, everything seems
to work right but R halts after a call to the wrapper functions. I cannot
find any comment about this in the documentation. Please, could you tell
me if this is a known error?

Thanks,

Javier
---